Advantages of dental implants
- Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth, a few teeth, or all the teeth on one or both arches of your mouth.
- Implants are fixed in place and do not move. Therefore, there is no slipping or clicking as with dentures.
- Implant supported teeth are the closest thing possible to natural teeth. They look, feel and function just like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants allow you to eat all the foods you like, just as with natural teeth.
- Dental implants have proven to be reliable, with a 95% or higher success rate. The success of dental implants is supported by decades of clinical experience and hundreds of thousands of satisfied patients
- Dental implants and your new teeth can be placed without impacting other healthy teeth. This is not true with traditional bridges, which require filing down of healthy adjacent teeth to support the bridge. These filed down teeth often fail within just a few years, requiring more and expensive dental work.
- Unlike bridges or dentures, dental implants are placed into and fuse with the bone in your jaws. This not only provides stability, but prevents bone loss and atrophy that normally results from missing teeth.
- Dental implants provide a long-term solution to your dental problems, often lasting a lifetime. Traditional bridges usually must be replaced, often within five years.
- With dental implants, you avoid the potential pain and embarrassment of dentures. There is no fear of slipping or falling out, no need to avoid activities, no need to restrict what or how you eat, no wire in your mouth, no plastic on the roof of your mouth. Many people with dental implants say they just live better than they did when they had dentures.